Outreach & Training
Saint John Theatre Company is proud to provide programs that enrich the lives of so many New Brunswickers. Our objective is to reach out to the community through numerous initiatives, including:
- Courses in partnership with UNB Saint John held at BMO Studio Theatre space
- Student pre-show events for select Main Stage productions
- Student study guides for select productions
- Free matinee performances for students on select productions
- Training workshops for our local talent base
- Post-show Q&A sessions on the preview night of Main Stage productions
- Discounted student ticket prices
- Complimentary tickets to various community groups in the Greater Saint John area
Youth and Community Outreach support provided by:
SJTC Artist In Residence
SJTC announces its first Artist In Residence – Clyde A Wray. Clyde will be creating a production based on historic figures from the Black community. For more info visit SJTC Special Projects.
SJTC OCT LINE-UP
Check out our events for the month of October at the BMO Studio Theatre Oct Events – 2020 handout
SJTC COVID-19 UPDATE
July 2020 – staff are back to work in our Princess Street home and our offices are open to the public. We are working on re-opening protocols for our performance space in the BMO Studio Theatre. Our hope is to have small groups, in compliance with Provincial Government regulations, in our BMO Studio Theatre next month. In the meantime please tune into our SJTC Facebook page for updates on upcoming livestream and Zoom performances for your enjoyment.
Hope to see you all again soon!
DRIVING MISS DAISY
Re-scheduled to March 24-27, 2021. A touching story with a message that friendship and caring can surmount creed, colour and race. Featuring Walter Borden as Hoke and Jenny Munday as Miss Daisy. Directed by Stephen Tobias. Please contact Imperial Theatre box office for inquiries regarding rescheduling or refunds. 506-674-4100.
Re-scheduled to Spring of 2021 – exact dates tba. A portrait of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for nine girls who just want to score some goals. An Atlantic Repertory Production. Written by Sarah DeLappe. Directed by Laura Vingoe-Cram. ARC Tickets | 506-652-7582 ext 236.